The Owatonna Foundation was incorporated in December 1957. One of the first community foundations in the State of Minnesota, it was established with the goal of improving the quality of life for present and future generations of Owatonna residents. The Owatonna Foundation is focused on capital related projects in our community.
In the 65 years since, over $13 million in grants and scholarships have been disbursed. The Foundation’s first grant was to the Owatonna Hospital to outfit two rooms and provide incubators for the nursery.
The Kohlmeier donation was the first donation that helped to begin the establishment of our parks and trails systems (Lake Kohlmeier), Today a quick look around the community reveals an abundance of capital projects supported by the Foundation including the Central Park Band Stand, the Steele County History Center, We All Play, Community Pathways, Parks and Trails, the Foundation Room at the new Owatonna High School and much more,
Beyond providing financial support, The Foundation takes a strong leadership role by offering fresh perspectives on emerging community needs. Learn more about our history. Learn More.....
The Legacy Society members make a lasting commitment to our community by including the Owatonna Foundation in their estate plan by making a bequest, gifting real estate, stocks, life insurance, or annual gifts.
The Owatonna Foundation has scholarships for students who wish to continue their education and returning adults who are looking for a new career. Building our educational base, helps build a better tomorrow.