The Owatonna Foundation awards Traditional and Nontraditional Scholarships. During fall semester 2017, 9 individuals will use Traditional Scholarship funds to assist with their education costs. These individuals graduated with the 2017 high school class. The Nontraditional Scholarships are awarded to individuals who are returning to college or continuing their education after high school graduation and seven individuals received Nontraditional Scholarships. Recipients attend technical programs at technical or community colleges.
Since 1995 the Owatonna Foundation has awarded 419 scholarships, totaling more than $545,000, for individuals preparing for technical careers.
Traditional Sholarship Recipients
- Ryan Bos. Riverland Community College, Welding, $1,650, parents Donald and Melissa Bos
- Anaka Degner, Western Technical College, Associate of Science Liberal Arts, $1,650, parents John and Cindy Degner
- Michelle De La Paz, Riverland Community College, Business Management, $1,650, parents Diana and Raul De La Paz
- Alex Gardner, South Central College, Agribusiness Service Technician, $1,650, parents Rod & Denise Gardner
- Michelle Johnson, Riverland Community College, Radiography, $1,650, parents Brian and Nicole Johnson
- Anna Neff, South Central College, Associate of Arts, $1,650, parents Mike and Barb Neff
- Madison Prokopec, Riverland Community College, Radiography, $1,650, parents Bradley and Holly Prokopec
- Samantha Schwartz, Riverland Community College, Associate of Arts Liberal Arts, $1,650, parents Les and Bridget Schwartz
- Colton Stange, Riverland Community College, Carpentry, $1,650, parents Jamme and Marcy Stange
Nontraditional Scholarship Recipients
- Brendan Boss, Alexandria Technical and Community College, Diesel Mechanics, $1,000, parent Jackie Boss
- Brooke Hondl, Riverland Community College, Radiography, $550, parents Cheryl and Ken Hondl
- Jody Madsen, South Central College, Office Administration & Technology, $1,500, spouse Mark Madesen
- Angela McCampbell, Riverland Community College, Human Services, $1,000, parents Susan and Michael Terpstra
- Joe Nelson; Alexandria Technical and Community College; Motorycle, Marine, and Powersports Technician; $1,000, parents Gene and Julie Nelson
- Brittney Stockwell, South Central College, Family Services, $550, parents Troy and Tiffany Stockwell
- Alex Wolf, Riverland Community College, Diesel Technology, $550, DeAnn and Ken Wolf
For the 2017 – 2018 school year, $30,000 is available for scholarships. Nontraditional scholarship applications are due October 25, 2017 and June 25, 2018. Traditional scholarships are due April 10, 2018. Applications are available at the Foundation’s office at 108 West Park Square, Owatonna; https://www.owatonnafoundation.org, Grants/Scholarships, and Apply for a Scholarship, or from Jill Holmes at 455-3059.