The Owatonna Foundation awards Traditional and Nontraditional Scholarships. During fall semester 2018, 7 individuals will use Traditional Scholarship funds to assist with their education costs. These individuals graduated with the 2018 high school class. The Nontraditional Scholarships are awarded to individuals who are returning to college or continuing their education after high school graduation and 5 individuals received Nontraditional Scholarships. Recipients attend technical programs at technical or community colleges.
Since 1995 the Owatonna Foundation has awarded 430 scholarships, totaling more than $576,000, for individuals preparing for technical careers.
Traditional Sholarship Recipients
- Aaron Boss, Riverland Community College, Automotive Technology, $1,000, parent Jackie Boss
- Vincent Green, Riverland Community College, Electrical Construction, $2,000, parent Julie Green
- David Keck, Riverland Community College, Diesel Technology, $2,000, parents Liz & Brad Keck
- Mason Miranda, Riverland Community College, Business, $1,000, parent Dominica Vargo
- Adam Olson; South Central College; Heating, Venting, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration; $2,000; parents Vonna Dinse and Jeff Olson
- Zachery Sencer, North Iowa Area Community College, Auto Mechanics, $2,000, parents Jason & Laura Sencer
- Taylor Velzke; The Aveda Institute – Minneapolis; Massage Therapy, Estiology, & Cosmetology; $2,000, parents Kelly & Dean Velzke
Nontraditional Scholarship Recipients
- Brooke Hondl, Riverland Community College, Radiograpy, $1,500, parents Ken & Cheryl Hondl
- Joseph Nelson, Alexandria Technical College, Power Sports Technician, $1,000, parent Gene Nelson
- Samantha Schwartz, Riverland Community College, Associate in Arts, $1,500, parents Leslie & Bridget Schwartz
- Angela Terpstra, Riverland Community College, Human Services, $2,000, parents Mike & Sue Terpstra
- Julie Tuerk, Dakota County Technical College, Interior Design, $2,000, parents Burnett & Nancy Tuerk
For the 2018 – 2019 school year, $30,000 is available for scholarships. Nontraditional scholarship applications are due October 25, 2018 and June 25, 2019. Traditional scholarships are due April 10, 2019. Applications are available at the Foundation’s office at 108 West Park Square, Owatonna; https://www.owatonnafoundation.org, Grants/Scholarships, and Apply for a Scholarship, or from Jill Holmes at 455-3059.