Since 1995 the Owatonna Foundation has awarded 397 scholarships, totaling more than $519,000, for individuals preparing for technical careers. Two types of scholarships are available from the Owatonna Foundation—Traditional and Nontraditional. Nontraditional scholarships are awarded to individuals who are returning to college or continuing their education and traditional scholarships are awarded to current high school graduates. Recipients attend technical programs at technical or community colleges.
During fall semester 2016, nine individuals will use Owatonna Foundation Traditional and Non-traditional Scholarships to assist with their education costs.
Traditional Scholarship Recipients
- Lindsey Neubauer, Riverland Community College, Associate in Arts Business Concentration, $3,000, parents Larry and Nanette Neubauer
- Brianna Rentmeester, Riverland Community College, Business, $3,000, parent Millie Brown
Nontraditional Scholarship Recipients
- Amara Bouwman, Riverland Community College, Accounting, $3,000, parents Jill Keck and Daryl Bouwman
- Brittney Chadderdon, Riverland Community College, Nursing, $1,000, parents Tracy and Chad Chadderdon
- Vikki Ebenhoh, Rasmussen College, Nursing, $3,000, spouse Alex Ebenhohn
- Jared Goerdt, Riverland Community College, $3,000, Welding, parents Joel and Tiffany Goerdt
- Teagan Kempe, Riverland Community College, Associate in Arts, $3,000, parents Nichole Kempe and Scott Goligowski
- Carissa Lewis, Riverland Community College, Administrative Assistant, $3,000
- Brittney Stockwell, South Central College, Family Services Specialist, $3,000, parents Troy and Tiffany Stockwell
For the 2016 – 2017 school year, $30,000 is available for scholarships. Nontraditional scholarship applications are due October 25, 2016 and June 25, 2017. Traditional scholarships are due April 10, 2017. Applications are available at the Foundation’s office at 108 West Park Square, Owatonna; https://www.owatonnafoundation.org, Grants/Scholarships, and Apply for a Scholarship, or from Jill Holmes at 455-3059.