Since 1995 the Owatonna Foundation has awarded 403 scholarships, totaling more than $528,000, for individuals preparing for technical careers. Recipients attend programs at technical or community colleges. During spring semester 2017, six individuals will use Owatonna Foundation Non-traditional Scholarships to assist with the costs of their education.
Spring 2017 Nontraditional Scholarship Recipients:
- Cari Jessop, Riverland Community College, Nursing, $1,500, spouse Wade Jessop
- Santana Liverseed, South Central College, Accounting, $1,500, parents Phil & Jamie Liverseed and Denise & Brian Bronner
- Chris Reinhard, The Travel Academy, Flight Attendant, $1,500, spouse John Reinhard
- Greg Selk, South Central College, Automotive Service, $1,500, spouse Gena Liming
- Michael Thom, Riverland Community College, Automotive Service, $1,500, parents Shane and Shelley Thom
- Alex Wolf, Riverland Community College, Diesel Technology, $1,500, parents DeAnn & Ken Wolf
Two types of scholarships are available from the Owatonna Foundation–Nontraditional and Traditional. Nontraditional scholarships are awarded to individuals who are returning to college or continuing their education and graduated prior to 2016. Traditional scholarships are awarded to 2017 high school graduates.
For the 2016 – 2017 school year, $15,000 remains for traditional scholarships and $9,000 remains available for nontraditional scholarships. Traditional scholarship applications are due April 10, 2017, and nontraditional scholarship applications are due June 25, 2017. The Owatonna Foundation is pleased to make these scholarships available as supporting education is part of the Foundation’s mission of “Improving the quality of life for present and future generations by supporting Owatonna projects that focus on community, arts, recreation and education”
Applications are available at the Owatonna Foundation office, 108 West Park Square, Foundation’s web page (https://www.owatonnafoundation.org/) Grants/Scholarships, or Jill Holmes at 455-3059. If you have questions, contact the Foundation office or Jill Holmes.